Thailand’s capital city, Bangkok, is the gateway for many travellers arriving for a relaxing holiday. After a few days of sightseeing, they will head south to one of the country’s resorts to experience the winning combination of pure white sandy beaches and cool blue seas. One of the best of these beautiful locations is the island of Koh Samui, a large island just off the east coast in the Gulf of Thailand. It features some of the country’s best-unspoilt beaches and is home to a more relaxed style of living perfect for families and is also popular with holidaymakers returning for a second stay. This short article will detail some of the better accommodation choices that are available, from facilities-laden resort hotels to a beachside luxury villa. Samui has everything you need for a comfortable, relaxing stay.
Getting To Koh Samui
Koh Samui sits just off the east coast in the Gulf of Thailand; it is reached easily from the capitol via a short internal flight to the island’s small international airport. If exploring the country, alternative options exist via road and or on an overnight train from Bangkok and a short ferry ride, but these will obviously take you a good while longer.
Great Hotels in Koh Samui
The island has no shortage of fantastic hotel options, with over seven hundred to choose from; most are conveniently located around the superb beaches, and amongst the best are the following seven –
- SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort – this five-star hotel sits beachside and features private villas with their own plunge pools and a spectacular breakfast buffet.
- Melia Koh Samui – This award-winning hotel on Choeng Mon beach is perfect for families.
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort – this luxury hotel is located in its own secluded bay just north of Chaweng and is the ultimate private retreat.
- OZO Chaweng Samui is an excellent mid-range beachside hotel with facilities orientated towards young couples and families.
- Bo Phut Resort & Spa – located near the fisherman’s village of Bo Phut, this four-star features private villas set in beautiful gardens.
- Banyan Tree Samui – not far from the small town of Lamai, this award-winning five-star option has an infinity-edge pool with many of its luxurious villas.
- Vana Belle – this multiple award-winning hotel has its own bakery, beachside pool and stylish suites and rooms.
These are just a few of the many excellent hotels on the island; further research will uncover the depth of choice available if the above does not float your boat.
A stay at any of these fantastic hotels would provide the base for an amazing holiday where you will make memories of a lifetime.